Last Updated: 29th November 2013
RooM the Agency (“RooM”, “we”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is RooM the Agency, an English limited company, company number 07720544, of 19A Goodge Street, London W1T 2PH, United Kingdom.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Mandatory information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website as part of your sign up, including but not limited to your membership name, membership password, name, postal address, email address and phone number.
- Additional information that you can control and choose whether or not to provide as part of your profile, including but not limited to a bio, a photo of yourself, social links and instant messaging IDs.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication, by whatever means made, and our response thereto.
- We may also ask you for further information when you report a problem with the Website and when you enter into any competitions or promotions sponsored by RooM.
- Details of your visits to the Website, including but no limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Details of your use of the interactive features of the Website, including but not limited to forum discussions, interactions with other Community Members and total counts that a page has been viewed (including User Profile pages).
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
You do not have to provide personal information, however, please note that should you choose not to do so certain functions and services that the Website and RooM offer may not be available to you. This is also the case if you use programs that help you visit our Website anonymously.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
RooM does not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 you must not use this Website and please do not send any personal information to us.
We may from time to time share your personal information we have collected with third party service providers, including but not limited to credit card and other payment processing companies such as PayPal.
The Website may also, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for the security of your personal information. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We want to make our services easy, useful and reliable. As in most cases where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is sent to your device which contains information that allows us to recognize that you have used our Website before. A cookie typically contains the name of the server that the cookie was sent from, the lifetime of the cookie and a unique identifier (usually a number).
Our website server sends the cookie and uses this number to recognize you when you return to our website or browse from page to page. Only the server that sends a cookie can read it, and therefore use, that cookie. This file is on your computer’s (or mobile phone’s) hard drive. All websites can send a cookie to your browser if your browser settings allow this. Many websites do this to track on-line traffic flow.
Cookies can be categorized from their life span:
- Session or temporary cookies: these expire when you close your browser or when the session times out;
- Persistent or permanent cookies: these are usually stored on your hard disk and survive across multiple sessions but have a longer expiration date.
Which Cookies does the RooM the Agency Website use?
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
On some of the pages of our Website you will see “social buttons” including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+. These relate to the ability of RooM members to share content from our Website with the relevant social network.
When you share content using any of these buttons on the Website, the social network that has created the button will record your sharing action. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of RooM.
YYou should be aware that these sites are likely be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including that on our Website. So if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases these sites will be registering that fact that you are visiting our Website, and the specific pages you are on, even if you do not click on the button, if you are logged into their services, like Facebook.
Please note that we are not responsible for any of these websites. You should therefore check the respective policies of each of these websites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
How to control or delete Cookies?
You can manage the storage of cookies on your device using the settings in your web browser. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools, click on Settings, click on the Privacy tab and then use the slider bar to choose the level of privacy you want. In Firefox, click on Tools, click on Options, click on Privacy, click on the Cookies tab and choose your level of privacy. Information on how to manage cookies using settings within other browsers as well as more information on cookies generally can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your device, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. You can access them through some types of browser. Search in your cookie folders for 'RooM' to find the cookies set by our server.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use all commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may use some of the Website’s interactive features such as the forums or other online communities. If and when you do so, we strongly recommend that you do not upload or post any personal information onto such interactive fora that you do not wish other visitors of the Website to see. We cannot control and will not be responsible for the use that any visitor to this Website or Member may make of such personal information or any third party they may pass the personal information on to.
We do not sell your personal information but we do use information held about you in the following ways:/p>
- To create and manage your membership account;
- To verify a user identity for security purposes;
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To notify you about changes to our service and otherwise generally communicate with you for customer service purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- To run and allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website such as forum discussions, interactions with other Community Members and total counts that a page has been viewed (including User Profile pages);
- To run competitions or promotions sponsored by RooM the Agency;
- To facilitate and improve the provision of our services including our apps;
- To conduct research for the purpose of improving our services;
RooM is a community based on sharing information, so you must be aware that we display some information shown in your User Profile to other Members. You can manage what personalinformation is displayed using the settings in your User Profile.
We may also use your personal information, or (with your prior consent) permit selected third parties to use your personal information, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and for us or such third parties to contact you in relation to such services by email or post.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If RooM or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If you would like to from time to time review or revise the personal information you have provided to us you can do so through your User Profile.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes and/or not to disclose your personal information to any third party for such purpose. You can exercise this right at any time by checking the relevant boxes in your Membership account. You can also exercise such right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.