Environment will be our last Hot Brief for a while.
We will update you as to if or when we decide to add more to this section.
Hot Brief keywords: Hot Environment
Over the past few years advertising has been big on environmental issues. Stock libraries inundated with images of green and ecological symbols. In 2014, the environment and living a green, responsible lifestyle is still a huge focus, but the approach is somewhat subtler. Green arrows and images of melting icecaps have been replaced with positive images of happy healthy families enjoying simple pleasures in life, without great cost to the planet. From growing your own vegetables, buying locally to walking holidays. The ways in which you can capture the essence of living an eco-friendly life are easy wins through concepts like: growth, responsibility, recycling, gardening, the future, health, happiness, crafts and simplicity.
Images of children’s relationships to the environment are plentiful in stock, and we will always want the very best of these, but avoid the clichés, use adults too!
Please be sure to get shots that are about people engaging in an activity and not looking to camera – we don’t want disconnected portraits.
- Keeping it local – shopping locally, improving your local environment’s natural areas
- All ages – people from 2-92 getting involved in a greener lifestyle
- Families enjoying the outdoors and nature
- Green vacations – camping, hiking, cycling, activities that don’t pollute!
- Gardening – from growing your own food, planting a tree to window boxes and city roof gardens to making urban areas green
- Current trends – up-cycling and repurposing
- Farming – from small organic farms to stunning agricultural landscapes
- Wildlife and nature – with and without people, but only positive images of healthy animals and environments.
- Transport – the eco-friendly ways we travel like city cycling incentives
- Don’t ignore the classics – there’s always room for some classic energy and recycling icons: wind turbines, solar panels, water buts, recycling bins...
Hot Brief Keywords. All of our Hot Briefs contain special keywords, as shown above. We include these so that we can keep track of the content, highlight it and fast track it to sales.
Include the appropriate keywords on any new file you create after receiving the Hot Brief. Do not add them to images that do not fit the Brief.
It is important to remember that posting images to any particular Hot Brief is required way beyond first month, so don't stop uploading after then, as clients will still be buying this type of content for many months following, if not longer.